Friday 27 February 2015

Casual Friday, SLY N3B Coat


Top: Oasis (last worn)
Cardi: New Look (last worn yesterday)
Black Jeggings
Coat: SLY N3B (A/W 2014, bought in 2013) - SLY blog for further info
Bag and Boots: as usual

Having worn smart work dresses for the last two days, I decided to go 'easy' and 'casual' today hence it's Friday !

I love my SLY N3B !! I have been thinking of buying a army coat in this style for a long long time, like many years. But I never got to travel to Japan in winter or autumn months... and I have been keeping my eyes out for a good army coat all these time.

There are definitely differences in the design and shape of army N3B style coats in the Far East and in the UK. Coats in the Far East would fit the body shape better, perhaps it is because of the petite body shape. While UK/western style are designed for loose fit, more puffy like. Although I am not actually 'petite' (in fact, I am probably XXL in Taiwanese standards), I just didn't seem to be able to find a good N3B coat in the UK..... 

So I found a buyer to purchase this for me in JP and posted over to UK.... (thanks to FB and PayPal). 

The funny thing is, after finally owning this dreamy coat, I realise the style doesn't quite suit my body shape either - It was slightly too tight on my thighs when I first put it on in winter 2013, although it fits me better now as I am back to pre-pregnancy weights. I wish the shape/design of pockets are less squary.  

I wonder, Is there ever a perfect army coat? or a perfect handbag?

Or, am I too obsessed with the idea of finding a perfect item?

AA xxx 


No comments:

Post a Comment