Wednesday 25 February 2015

Wearing a shift dress


Dress: Zara
Cardi: Uniqlo
Heels: Clarks
Necklace: Topshop
Bag: Usual


Today is the big day at work where I was expecting to be grilled by panel of experts in HE about all sorts of questions of our programmes/students/service.  But, I managed to not say a word in the one-hour long meeting (I was with a group of 10 academics and support/admin staff) - yes I was rather pleased with getting away of answering questions !

As like last time when I was in the mock session for preparation, I managed to find some fun in style watching what other ladies are wearing !

Black and Grey are definitely the dominate colours for an important occasion like this.  Most of the female colleagues either go for a black top with a pop colour skirt or trousers and heels, with black/grey cardi or work blazer. So, I have definitely chosen the right outfit/colour themes, and I could choose to wear a cardi in brighter colours next time (bright blue, dark red etc). 

The most senior (title wise, not the age) female colleague goes for a black dress with a bright orange/pink cardi (not a work blazer), with see-through black tights, black heels and a brown leather tote, which I thought was CK not couldn't pinpoint a picture from internet.
But it looks similar to this one:




I paid quite a lot of admiration on the brown leather tote...  I thought it must have been a 'pratical' tote for a busy woman like her, who goes to many meetings:

  • A good size for A4 papers and notebooks, which can stand vertical in the bag although slightly sticking out. 
  • Can stand up on its own. So it is easy to reach and find relevant papers during meetings.  
  • It has long stripes - so can be carried two ways - I do find a tote with long stripes a blessing these days, easy to grab and go in a rush, and good for changing the style/look too. 
  • 'Brown leather bag' looks fab with formal dress - elegant, classic, upper class. 

I once read a book about time management and how to be more organised, in which a famous Japanese writer recommends that in order to maximize the efficiency (at work or during the commute journey) a bag that could stand up on its own and could fit in A4 papers is the best size and style. (I wish I could remember which book I read it from or which writer proposes this).

I have been thinking of buying another handbag that could fit in A4 papers and notebook (What, do you really need another bag?!) - Although I adore my Balenciaga Work tote, it doesn't come with the long stripes... So what I have in mind is a Balenciaga Velo for work (Can it stand up on its own??)

Well, women and bags go hand in hand.....

AA xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment