Tuesday 17 February 2015

Outfits ideas for Chinese New Year

This year will be the 9th year that I didn't go home to be with my family for the Chinese New Year (upset).  

When you are young, marrying someone from a different culture and settling down abroad is such a romantic idea. In reality, it comes with a lot of trade-off, for either the wife or the husband, which you don't get to fully appreciate until a lot later in life. Then it is too late to make changes... 

It's the festival season, and I am getting a bit soft and home-sick (although I now have a home away from home too).  Being a mum makes me realize how much I miss to have close family around and how much I've missed out.... 


'Wearing new clothes for the Chinese New Year' is an old Chinese phrase, and as far as I can remember about my childhood, I always got/wore a new redish coat (or an expensive item) as part of the Chinese New Year celebration.  I remember being wrapped up warm in the new red winter coat when visiting my uncles and the first thing I said are 'Hello' and 'Gong Shi Fat Choy' (asking for the red envelope). (See, I have missed out so much from living abroad.)  
  

This childhood memory totally explains why my favourite picks below are all in red (I actually didn't consider any other colour themes than RED!). And in real life, I seldom buy any clothes in red colour, probably also as a result of the association. 



I love the patterns of the above blouse - they are somehow quite chinesy. In fact, I am going to wear this top for an event I am organizing at work later this week.

I like basic tops as they can be dressed up or down easily - this red top is another good choice (for next year perhaps).

 


This knitted dress below looks good too.



(PS. All pictures are taken from ASOS.com)

AA xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment