Monday 16 February 2015

Dress and the wardrobe system


I adore this purple maternity dress!! - I think I said this every time I wear it... 

This is one of the only three maternity dresses I didn't sell/throw away after giving birth as they are sooo pretty! And funny enough, two of them including this purple one are from Topshop - By the way I do recommend its maternity line, they are very flattering. 


I was chatting with my line manager last week and for some reason we started to talk about outfits, which is an odd thing to do with a male, married, oldish man I think.  Anyway, he said that in order to maximize the use of his clothes, he rotates and wears each outfit combination in an order, for both work outfits or for casual wear too. This system works like this: the same shirt would nearly always go with the same suits/trousers, and they are folded/hung up in an organised way after being washed and ironed. I don't know how many combination he has in place, but all the items get to be wore/organised in that system. So, he may sometimes wear something perhaps too formal and smart for a busy stay-in office day, and sometimes he may wear slightly too casual for formal teaching.  In a way, he is looking forward to find out when/what he is wearing for the following day(s) and how each outfit combination match, or not match, his work commitment of the day!!! 

I was amazed by his organisation and system initially (and I am still so actually). 

Well, I then thought about how I decide what to wear these days - I tend to just grab whatever item nearby when I am dressed on the day, which often results in wearing the same outfits every other day!  So, I thought perhaps I could have a similar system set up like that when I have some free time on weekends, or at least, I could think of some outfit combination as default options for as/when I am out of ideas of what to wear, (like lately!)       



How do you organise your wardrobe ? 
Have you got a system set-up like my line manager ?



These are how I wore the dress and the cardi last time:
AA xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment