Tuesday 26 August 2014

Review: Marc by Marc Jacobs ‘Pretty Nylon Eliz-A-Baby’ diaper bag



Although this bag never made its appearance on my blog, this is definitely my favourite diaper/baby changing bag among my collection of 6 (yes, I own/owned 6 diaper bag although I only have one baby)!

I did a lot of research on diaper bags as I was determined to be an elegant new mum(what a dream!!)  I am in love with this bag from the very first sight when I saw it on internet.  Guess what, I am still in love with it, but I am also letting it go.


As a bag lover, I treasure my collection like another baby (babies, in this case). When I was out and about with it, it was never left/put on the floor in a shop.  On a raining day, it is protected under the rain cover along with the baby and the pram while I was wet through. I treasured it too much to a degree that it is an inconvenience for me!  This is when I decided to put it in the wardrobe for the time being until the day I may feel differently about carrying it around. Six/seven months on, I still love it so much, and/but I never took it out from the wardrobe! – I think I am insane.


So, I have decided to put it on eBay for sale because it deserves better!! period.

Then, I am finding myself re-discovering my love toward it and difficult to really say good-bye. I feel I might just quietly take down the listing in the next few days…..




Enough about my passions and let’s do some reasoning, shall we…

The reasons I LOVE IT:

  • The weight.  It is light for a diaper bag, although the metal chains/logos on the strip do add extra weights.
  • The size. It is a good size for a bottle-fed baby and an always over-prepared mum.  During the first six months of Baby D’s life, I hardly went out, mostly between home and the baby clinic every other two/three weeks. Occasionally, we jumped on a train to visit his dad at work. And because I didn’t know how the day would play out, I normally had two or three feeds with me (so that is two or three sterilised bottles, milk cartons and bibs) as well as two sets of outfits for emergency (Baby D was often sick on milk). And it is amazing how much it can hold!  
  • The style. For a diaper bag, it is really elegant, not boring at all. I was planning to use this bag as my gym bag once Baby D no longer needs a bag of this size to hold his stuff.


The reasons I DONT LIKE IT THAT MUCH:

  • The strip and the handles. For someone who always wear at least two layers, the handles are just not long enough to carry on shoulders – if you live in a warmer place and always wear short tops, this won’t be a problem. Alternatively, I tried to wear the strip on my shoulder, but it always came loose and so the length of the strip didn’t stay as how I would have wanted it to be.  And when you had it on the back of the pram, same issues again, it just came looser and looser throughout the day. And eventually, it was too far down to reach out in an emergency (like when Baby D was sick on milk when we were on the bus/train).
  • It is not water-proof.  Occasionally, water from baby’s mug leaked or when it got rain on, it was wet. Now come to think about this, in fact none of my diaper bags are water-proof! (does this mean I should buy another one??)


Oh no, the process of reasoning is supposed to help me let go, but why I feel it just justifies the reasons to keep it and start wearing it more often….


Wanting to see more pictures of this bag in action?? Veronika's Blushing and Away From Blue 

AA xxx  
   


No comments:

Post a Comment