Saturday 21 February 2015

What is in my diaper bag? (Week days)

I am always a fan of 'What's in your bag?' posts, and I can spend hours and hours just browsing on internet for that peeking Tom habits - I have done one when I first started to blog here.  This habit soon becomes a search for 'What's in your diaper bag?' after being a mum, and I thought I'd share mine too.  

What goes in a diaper bag during week days really depends on the circumstances around the childcare arrangement, such as baby's age (and his/her daily needs), the distance and time between the childcare set-up and work/home and the pick-up/drop-off times (in relation to baby's routine).   

In our case, Baby D goes to a nursery near my work and the travel time is just less than an hour each way by car; double the time by public transport (bus and train).  He is in nursery full time, being dropped off around 9am and picked up by 5ish pm (occasionally, nearly 6pm) - we are lucky that our working hours are flexible most days. 






Bag: CiPU mini CT diaper bag (Taiwanese brand)
Stroller: Recaro Easylife (bought recently)





So, what's in my diaper bag (for an 18 months old)??

Nappies and Changing mat  - hardly used, but packed for emergency

Water mug

Wet wipes - a must have.

Snacks - at least two fruit punches, baby biscuits, and fruits ie banana or grapes in a container. On those days we travel in/back by train and bus, I will pack more snacks or/and fruit in the bag. Baby D doesn't always go happy on his car seat, especially at going home time and when it's getting dark. Fruit punch is a good distraction. I also think he doesn't drink enough water normally, so I'd like to top him up with these organic juice punches.

Gloves for winter

What's missing is his favourite toy, which I don't think he has got one at the moment.  But in future, a toy car/train might also appear in the bag too.


I am more relaxed about giving him biscuits these days (in comparison to how I used to be), although I still think it is unhealthy and not a good habit to snack on biscuits for children - I don't really eat biscuits and crisps myself.  Sometimes, in winter snowy days, I would even pack more food/drink too.

But, snacks are great for travel/commuting in reality. Hence, by the time we get home we only have about less an hour for dinner before Baby D's bedtime, and babies don't eat well when they are tired.... So I am giving in during week days and more careful with healthy diet on weekends.

This diaper bag is not the nursery bag though, which always has a spare clothes and is left in the nursery most of the time.


How do you keep your little entertain in the car/bus/train?  
What's in your diaper bag? 


AA xxx

3 comments:

  1. So interesting to see what people have inside their bags! :) We are really lucky to have got a place in a daycare really near our house, so we won't have to do a lot of travelling with baby, which is really nice!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking of moving to a different childcare place near home because this travel journey is rather too much for a always-on-the-go toddler !
      But the advantage of the current arrangement is we get to spend more time with the little one, ie 2+ hours longer a day, which sometimes is a blessing but sometimes is a hard work...
      I am even thinking of moving house too ! (Haha...)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete