Thursday 12 February 2015

Playing safe by sticking to classic look: tunic top with smart blacktrousers

Two big meetings (school assembly and mock session & debrief for a coming up important event) scheduled this afternoon. For a big day like today, I'd like to play safe by wearing 'classic' items.

Although I don't like to stand out, I don't want to be unnoticed either, or to be mistaken as if I was a university student (I experienced this when I first started to work here).  

As well as planning/caring for my look, I also paid attention to what colleagues wear:

  • Women at senior positions in the professional/admin function go for all black outfits, but not work suits
  • Women in the admin function up for more business casual style {tunic top + black/dark trousers + cardi}
  • Women in academic positions would either go for more formal look, ie {work dress with black blazer}, or simply be wearing something comfortable/causal/laid-back ! In fact, I don't think there is a 'typlical style' for academics !
Isn't this fascinating !! And style watch certainly makes the meeting more fun !


So what am I wearing today??

I am wearing this animal print top with black trousers and this white cardi
Bag as in the picture and boots are as usual. 




(photo is an old one from months ago)

But for the big coming up meeting, I may go with a more professional look - tunic top, black smart trousers with blazer, rather than cardi.....


AA xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment