Wednesday 18 February 2015

A staff party on Chinese New Year Eve


Top: Vero Moda at ASOS (identical here)
Skirt: very old one from 10 years ago
Shoes: Clarks

This top is specially bought for the staff lunch party today. It is a simply jersey top with zip details on the shoulders, as shown in the below pictures from ASOS.com.

 
  
It is a bit boring to just wear the top with the skirt, so I put on a necklace to make the outfit more fun - and gold colour is good for the occasion too.

The dress code for my previous job in Taiwan is proper smart business look - men in suits and female in smart suits/skirts. Back then, the routine of my day was to negotiate rates for borrowing and lending on short-term basis, and visiting clients/government depts in the afternoon.  I had mixed feeling about the job, I like its well-paid package (ah.. who doesn't?) although high pressure, but one has to get professional licenses in finance/accounting one after another, which I really struggled as I am really not good at doing exams.  I regretted that I should have learned more from colleagues, been more proactive generally and should have tried harder to prepare/get licenses too.  If time could go back, I would have done things very differently and may not even leave the job for Masters study in the UK....

The skirt was bought for that environment, but has been hardly worn in the UK as it seems too formal for HE environment.

What surprised me about wearing this skirt is I am now at least one size bigger than what I was 10 years ago - so I don't understand how I wore this skirt back then, it must be really loose hanging off the waist....

And, I really want to go back to that old petite size, I had a health weight at 52-54kg back then (I am 168cm tall) !!!

AA xxx

1 comment:

  1. Gong Xi Fai Chai! :)

    We used to have a big party in the office every year for Chinese New Year too, I'm missing it as I'm still on maternity leave at the moment. Will be fun to celebrate baby's first CNY with family though :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete