Wednesday 18 March 2015

Animal print top, skirt, heels, little black dress, blazer, boots

In an attempt to look more 'professional' and learn to remix my wardrobe, this is what I wear to work on Tue. I have been out of the habits of wearing a necklace and ear rings for a long time, although I seem to still purchase them from time to time! I think it would probably look better with another goldish necklace for layering. 

On reflection of my outfit, I actually don't like this look. I feel there are too many colours in my upper body, although you cannot really see the cami. I think I will wear the white cardi with this blouse next time.


Blouse: New Look (last worn) - bought on eBay 
Cami: Dorothy Perkins
Skirt: a very old one (last worn)
Cardi: Uniqlo
Heels: Clarks
Necklace: recent purchase on eBay

------------------------ ------------------------ ------------------------ ------------------------

I've been thinking about what to wear to work today since Baby D went to sleep last night.  I fell asleep in thinking 'Oh Gosh, I haven't got anything to wear to work tomorrow!' (My only black smart trousers still await to be washed, and I don't feel like wearing a dress that I wore last week). 

This morning, I woke up with the same worry. Once Baby D is fed and content with his daddy downstairs, I had a bit of time to open the wardrobe in daylight (we are still co-sleeping at night) and I can now see clearly what have been neglected.... I then dug out two summer dresses and the blazer. I decided to go with this little black summer dress, bought ages ago! 

What I like about this dress is it works for both casual and work occasions. And the design on the waist gives it more character - it will go really well with any Balenciaga moto bags!!  

The weather in the northern UK has been rather mild, a summer dress with thick warm leggings/tights and boots are just fine during day time. (And I actually took off the blazer in my office today.)   



Dress: bought ages ago in Taiwan
Nude Blazer: bought in Taiwan in Dec 2013 (around the time I discovered my pregnancy!)
Boots: Hush Puppies
Bag: as usual

I did wear the bar necklace this morning, but by the time I got to my office, I somehow lost it!!! (I have only worn it for a handful time!) My plan was to wear the bar necklace with the one in the picture as layering....



AA xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment