Monday 22 September 2014

blue top, French Connection skirt, ASOS owl scarf, Balenciaga city

top: Dorothy Perkins
skirt: French Connection 
shoes: ASOS safari leather heels
scarf: ASOS owl prints
bag: Balenciaga violet city
trench coat: Uniqlo 
necklace: French Connection 

Since I started this 'what I wore' blog, I have been paying more attention on how to put my outfit together as well as wanting to try out new, different styles. This is definitely the later one - a different style as I haven't worn a skirt like today's for many years, or even never ever. 

I tend to pick up faults on myself, and I am probably struggling with my body image. I also tend to shy away from skirts that don't sit well 'just above knee height'. And because of my height, this is a mini skirt to me and wearing such short skirt to work seems wrong somehow in my opinion. But when I shared this with my hubby, he laughed and said 'hey, are you from the Saudi!' and he clearly likes to see me wearing more skirts in this height. 

Although I can still see all the little things that I am not happy about (see, body image issue!), I didn't feel too bad having this outfit on, except when I needed to bend down putting the baby in his car seat. 

A good start, shall we say....

AA xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh how funny! Having just stumbled across your blog I thought I'd read another post, I love your style!

    I have the same print from french connection in a dress (and I think the skirt is a lovely length on you!) and the same bag, and that scarf, but my scarf is the grey colour. We have very similar style I think! :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what Mica, that is how I feel about your style when I came cross your blog 2 years ago. I feel we share similar ideas about what to wear and bags : )

      I just saw the picture of you wearing the grey owl scarf ! and I think a grey scarf will probably look better with this outfit.

      Delete