Wednesday 8 April 2015

Zara skinny jeans, Balenciaga city bag. Shopping in real shops


Top: Dorothy Perkins knitted top (very old one)
Jeans: Zara skinny jeans - new purchase in March on eBay
Coat: Zara - new purchase in Feb on eBay
Boots: Dune
Bag: Balenciaga city in violet (last worn)


About my outfit, I was actually thinking to give the knitted top one last wear before it left my wardrobe as it is sooo worn and had some tears too as you can clearly see in the below pictures.  But, I always feel so comfortable when wearing it, so I am thinking to keep it as my stay-home wear on weekends.... 

It is very rare these days that I can actually go shopping in real shops, trying on clothes and taking the time in a fitting room.  As we had an extra day for Easter holiday, we decided to enjoy the day by having a romantic time in the city, shopping and having lunch in our favourite restaurant. 

As a couple, we are both not very good at shopping in real shops as we run out of steam very quickly, after 2-3 shops, the limit is approx an hour and half in average. 

I thought to document what I tried on and the reasons why I decided to buy the items, or not, as a different way to learn about myself and my style.


I have been rather inspired by Mica's tweed jackets style for work wear, so I picked up the jacket and cardigan to re-create those outfit ideas. Well, probably it's what I wore underneath, I just wasn't impressed, although I am sure they will look more flattering when wearing with a dress.  I did feel the length of these sort of highlight the width of my hip bones, which I sooo wish to be un-noticed.... so a NO NO.


This is a good pair of denim short, and the fabric is very stretchy and comfortable. However, British summer is never that warm for me to wear a short!  And I won't wear it in Taiwan as I am too self-conscious about my wobbly legs.... 



This midi dress is my last pick of the day - see, I can only do so little shopping!! It was on the sale rack, and happened to be the last one hanging at the end, so I noticed it on my way to the fitting rooms.... And it turns out to be great! (and it is very festivalie.... goes so well with my city bag!)

I did wonder about the length of a midi and the style of a jersey dress - both elements are something I always thought to avoid as they may not suit me. How wrong I was! 


On a separate trip over the Easter break, I also picked up a pair of straight legs work trousers, stripe top (short sleeves) and a light-weighted denim short from H&M - no photos for now, but I am sure they will be featured shortly on the blog. 

AA xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment